Thanks for supporting Cycles of Change!
Cycles of Change loves donations of usable bikes and bike equipment! To manage our limited space and resources, we have adopted some donation guidelines. Please see the guidelines below before you donate. All donations are tax-deductible – please ask for a donation receipt. If you would like us to pick up donated bikes, please fill out this form. Please note that we are only able to pick up 5 or more bikes.
Drop off location:
The Bikery – Cycles of Change Oakland community bike shop
1246 23rd Ave, Oakland. (International Blvd.), Oakland, CA 94606
Tuesday & Thursday 3-6pm, and Saturday 11-5pm (Winter Hours)
Want to donate a working bike to Cycles of Change but can’t make our hours?
The Oakland Library supports Cycles of Change by accepting bicycle donations at the main office during open hours.
Donate to the Oakland Library’s Main Office at 125 – 14th
- Monday: 10:00am – 5:30pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am – 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Thursday: 12:00pm – 8:00pm
- Friday: 12:00pm – 5:30pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 5:30pm
*Please note we only accept complete bicycles at the library, no parts or wheels.
- Bike should have all major parts—including two good/straight wheels, handlebars, seatpost, cranks and fork. Flat tires are ok.
- Bike does not have rusted or immobile parts.
- Bike frame and fork should not have more than minor dents.
- Bike parts should have all pieces included and installed. Please do not donate broken or dismantled parts and/or parts with missing pieces.
These guidelines help to make sure that we don’t receive bikes/parts that require too much time and effort to repair and end up making LARGE piles of bike materials that we don’t use.
If people have bikes that don’t meet the above criteria but would like us to recycle them, we appreciate a $10-20 donation per bike (although we will graciously accept bikes/parts donations without a monetary donation if needed). This money helps us to pay someone to strip the bike and take the recyclable material to a local recycler.