1246 23rd Ave, Oakland, CA 94606 ⇼ (510)842-1006
Part-Time Finance Manager Job Description
Cycles of Change is a collectively-run, POC led organization that has been empowering Oakland youth and building a diverse community of visionary young leaders through bikes since 1998. We provide after school Bike Clubs, in-school bike safety classes, high school internships,
youth job-training, adult intro commuter classes, and a community bike shop, called the Bikery. We are a multigenerational group of dedicated educators who are committed to building healthier, more resilient communities. Please visit http://www.cyclesofchange.org to find out more about us.
We are seeking a Finance Manager who has strong accounting skills, positive outlook, strong attention to detail, experience with Quickbooks Online and cash flow management. The person in this position will work closely with the Finance Committee and accounting consultant.
This position is part-time and flexible, with an estimated 2-10 hours per week, starting ASAP and ending in July 2021. Other potential administrative opportunities may be available.
Compensation: $23.25 - $40/hr, DOE.
- Manage the organization’s Quickbooks
- Cash flow management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and budget preparation
- Be responsible for collecting and receiving contract payments/deposits.
- Support the preparation of all quarterly and year-end government tax forms
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Monitor and carefully account for activities towards the budget, including revenue and expense tracking
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts, prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for Program Coordinators, Staff Collective and Board review.
- Manage month-end close, accounting processes and procedures related to all aspects of the business and in line with corporate reporting guidelines
- Maintain an accurate filing and record-keeping and reporting system for all financial statements and company documents
- Track asset/depreciation schedule
- Management of general ledger including month and year-end closings, reconciliation including journal entries
- Year-End Financial Statement closing Adjusting Journal Entries. W-9, 1099 Misc. and 1098s
- Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business
- Prepare special reports and assist in special projects as requested by Program Coordinators, Staff Collective and Board members.
- Create how-to manuals to facilitate access and legibility of collaborative budgets
- Discretion, and the ability to properly handle confidential information
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills, ability to give and receive constructive criticism, and active listening skills
- Accountability, dependability, and responsiveness
- Patience and respect for the different talents of youth and peers
- Experience working in collectives, consensus decision-making
- Love of bikes
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com. Please reference Finance Manager Position in the subject heading.
Cycles of Change is an equal opportunity employer. People of Color, women and folks who identify as queer and/or trans are strongly encouraged to apply.